Wednesday, November 26, 2014

The countdown is on

A fair few things we're counting down to at the moment:

Next week is Greta's pre school graduation.
The following week is Miles' graduation.
That weekend is Greta's ballet concert - still need to buy tickets for that.
Miles had his piano concert last weekend. It was really good. His teacher sang, it was probably the best one I've been to, free too which was a bonus!

And finally, the big countdown...our holiday!! 6 weeks in Europe!
2 weeks and 2 days (and 2 hours) till we leave, and it seems like we have so much to do before we go, all the above plus my Endo appointment and Miles' OT appointment (to improve his muscle tone in his hand to help him write better).
But it seems also like it's dragging so much.... It went so fast at first, it was 6 months to go from when we first started looking into it and thinking about it, then suddenly it was less than a month to go, but the last couple weeks are dragging.
Always the way!

Anyway, a few things to look forward to before hand. I've booked my hair appointment in too.. Miles has had his cut so he's good to go.

I bought Greta a school blazer the other day. Just got to sew in name rages, might do that this weekend.
Also she has been given 3 school dresses by another mum so that's fantastic!
So don't need to buy her anything as she obviously already has her sports uniforms and rain coat and bag and art smock and hat etc etc.
Will need to get both kids new clarkes shoes and sneakers..

Anyway out itinerary for our trip looks something like:

Leave Sydney on the 13th dec, fly (via Jakarta) to Thailand for 2 days.
Leave Thailand and fly to Sweden, 2 days there then train to Finland, to Lapland.
2 days in Lapland then fly into UK.
Stay a week in Sheffield and have Christmas with my folks and Boxing Day with J's.
After a week drive to London, 1 night in London to see the sights then boat over to France, have a couple days in Paris then head to Disney land to meet my mum and sister and have 2 days there.
Leave Paris and go back to England.
J is then going to fly off to Scotland to see his old uni mate for a night and then fly off to Caymen with his brother from there to visit their uncle and cousin who work over there.
Before e returns to Sydney a week after leaving us.
Me; I'm off to stay with my parents with the kids for the next 2.5 weeks!
I have a few day trips planned like stone henge and lego land etc.. Props pig land is closed 😔 but we will still find fun stuff to do. Plus they'll be with their grandparents who they haven't seend for 2.5 years.

Finally I gly back here, either via Germany, Poland or LA, still to be booked.

Also waiting to find out what happens with my job. Been at Sydney water for 5 months now (came on a 3 month contract) been extended once and due to finish mid jan while I'm awsy, so will need to find out if it's extended again and if I can come back in jan when I return,
 I really hope so, I love working here. Work is good and it's part time, be good to have a day off (Wednesday) next year. Currently I gave Greta home with me, which I love but if I'm home alone next year I can do housework and we can cut back on the cleaner.. J hates me being here as it pays about half what I earned at cochlear.. But it's less hours, less stress. I really enjoy I and feel I'm a real part of the team.. Anyway, will see.., if it's not extended I'll look for a 6 month contract for next year instead. Then take the rest of the year off. Not too stressed, but job hunting is a pain!

I'll add a couple pics of us all later, A bit more up to date.


No comments:

Post a Comment